Tuesday 27 October 2009

Graduation to 1st job


To many students graduation is a scary time. What do I want to do? Where do I want to live? Am I employable? And nothing more so at present with the economy in disarray!

For me, it was the part I had been looking forward to since day 1 at uni! I was eager to get
working within the industry I had been in love with all my life!



I graduated over a year ago and I was lucky that I landed a job with my "dream company" in London. Ok, it wasn't the £40k salary like my friends going into banking but it was doing what I love.


The company- famous for designing some of the most expensive real estate in the UK ( even the world) was set in the heart of London, I loved walking past Westminster and finally thinking "I have arrived". I was working on projects that were set to be the bets of the best in London. I loved my job, regardless of the long hours and gruelling workload. I was the smug girl who when everyone asked what I did I would happily tell them I was a designer on some of London's most sought after real estate but I could not divulge any information of clients or anything- I was bound by my contract that stated that if I did let slip any details I would be kicked right outof the company. I was loyal till the day everything I had loved over the p
ast 6 months came to an abrupt end...



No comments:

Post a Comment